What’s a gal to do when you keep growin and need help around the workplace?
YOU HIRE ROCKIN PEEPS!!!
Believe it or not, the little engine that could has been werkin overtime for a while now. The time has come. LMDA & JUJU MAG needs a Design Assistant to join the studio. This is not just a coffee and donut fetching position (although may be requested occasionally). Taking collaboration seriously, I want all involved to have a hands on, vested interest in our projects and take pride in the goods we’re producing. Ideally, I’m looking for someone with a few years experience as a Design Assistant or a Junior Designer from another interior design firm. Still in school, working towards your interior design degree? No problemo, an understudy is welcome and I’m happy to provide accreditation if needed.
LMDA’s next team member will need to possess all of the following attributes. Trust me, you’ll need em, and the job will require dem skillz . .
Here’s the breakdown:
– You must be proficient in CAD, Excel, Photoshop and/or InDesign. If you use a 3D rendering program (SketchUp or other) that’s a major bonus or a good ole fashion hand drawn rendering is great also! You can be a newbie at these things, but a working knowledge is a requirement.
– You must know how to go into a space (residential & commercial), measure accurately, take photos and create floor plans for clients.
– Project organization and management skills are a top priority to help keep this machine on track and running smoothly. HIGH attention to detail is key as you’ll be working right alongside me to help manage our work schedules, new clients and revolving calendar. Staying on top of our multiple project punch lists’, vendor timelines, client requests, along with following up/tracking orders, deliveries and installations are all in a days work. The more organized we can be together, the more we can accomplish, and the more fun designs we can crank out!
– You must be friendly, honest, and responsible. Flakey Angelenos need not apply! I keep LMDA’s program light and tight over here and need someone who’s on top of their professional game, dresses the part, is ON TIME, and ready to hustle. Living and working in NYC for years, I’m used to a highly functioning, fast paced environment, so the ability to juggle multiple projects swiftly and efficiently is key. A good sense of humor is a must, comedic relief is often the best medicine.
– Geographical knowledge of the greater Los Angeles area is crucial (not just Waze proficient), as you’ll often be zipping around LA to and from clients, vendors & suppliers.
– Knowledge of Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and WordPress is a huge benefit. The more you can do, the more involved design wise you’ll become!
– A geeked out passion for style, fashion & design as well as keeping current with the latest happenings in the design world is a must. East coast, West coast, European and beyond . . knowledge is power, and the more the merrier. I’m talking trade shows, seminars, events, blogs, magazines, ALL things design related. I’m the first one jonesing to gab over the latest issue of AD or Domino.
– Great communication skills are necessary for this position. Daily interface with a myriad of clients & industry folks, you need to be able to accurately and confidently communicate with them, as well as relay information from them to myself.
– You must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as collaborate within a small yet growing team. I need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running, roll their sleeves up and werk werk werk werk werk.
* * *
What you can expect on a day-to-day basis:
This position is flexible in terms of scheduling. To start, optimal schedule would be either 2-3 full days per week or 4 half days per week. Ultimately, I would love someone who wants to grow from within, graduating to a full-time Junior Designer. Occasionally there are clients and trade shows out-of-town, so a zest for travel is fabulous. Discovering new places, treasure hunting and room service is my jam.
You will be working hand in hand with me, to help design residential and commercial projects, create mood boards and design presentations, organize the studio, scout and shop till you drop, contact vendors and clients, manage our weekly/monthly calendar, track expenses, create purchase orders/invoices, pay vendors, and collect client design fees to name a few.
You must have a reliable car, live in LA, be a super swell note taker, and you MUST have a good attitude. I’m all about good JUJU and surrounding myself positive energy and like-minded passionate creatives!
In your resume please include anything that is relevant to your design journey and your personal style. If you have a blog, include a link. Likewise with instagram, twitter feed, Pinterest… tell me about yourself. Do something to stand out!